Friday, May 15, 2009

Who is the Liberal Southern Belle?

Who am I? Well, this could be a long post or it could be a short one. Attention spans being what they are these days, I'll try to keep it short.

I am a 33yr old married mother of 3. I live in the deep south.

I am semi-retired due to a chronic illness and I hate it...the illness and the semi-retired part.

I am a blue-state minded woman living in a red-state...a VERY red state...but I love it here. I was born and raised here and spent most of my adult life here and I can't imagine living anywhere else. Reasons why will come in later posts.

I am a registered Democrat...a liberal Democrat, at that. I came about my political leanings through my own life experiences as well as education and philosophical beliefs about life, the universe and everything. I can't imagine being a conservative anything...

I am married to a man but I consider myself a bi-sexual woman...this makes my husband happy.

I was raised in a very conservative, Christian, Baptist church but I am now an atheist...again, as the result of my life experiences and self-education.

I am blogging on this site even though I have profiles at other social network sites because on this site I can be anonymous. I have to remain anonymous because I have friends and even some relatives on the other sites that are not aware of some things in my life...like how much of a liberal or how much of an atheist I am. This means I have to censor myself lest I make all of us extremely uncomfortable at the next family holiday gathering. So be it...I don't mind going underground because I happen to love my family, in-laws included, and it seems a small price to pay.

What can you expect to read here? Well, just about anything. I am not blogging for personal fame although if I achieve it, it will only cement my beliefs that I am meant for greatness. LOL! Actually, I'm just blogging because I can't write anymore. My illness has caused arthritis in my hands and believe it or not, typing is easier for me than gripping a pen these days and I have to write down what I'm thinking or my head will explode and that just gives me another mess to clean up and frankly, that's the last thing I need. I plan to blog about my family, motherhood, marriage, politics, religion, sex...anything and everything. Some of what I say may make you mad...that's okay, I don't mind if you get mad...I don't mind if you tell me you're mad. It really is just a screen and a machine for me so I do my best to not take it personally. If you like what I have to say, great...let me know. If you don't...fine...let me know and then shove it up your ass. I try my best to be as grammatically correct as I can...I always use spell-check and I'm not immune to backing up my facts with evidence.

So, with all that being said...let's get started...

The thing is...

2 comments:

  1. Yay. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! :) Can't wait to read your rants and raves. And i love the name of the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its easier to remain anonymous if you "don't" ask the whole family to read your blogs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete